CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother's Day


We spent Mother's Day with Randy's mom and family this year. We try to take turns each year. We went to church at Rick's church then to his mom's for a cookout. When I woke up that morning Calvin brought me a little book he had made at school. It was really cute. I have been looking forward to when the kids would be old enough to understand and make things on there own. That means more to me than an purchased gift. Randy had asked me, as he always does, what I would like. We had just had family pictures so I told him that that was my gift. I love photography and pictures of my family so this was a great gift as far as I was concerned. So that morning I figured he would have a card and that would be fine. Usually when he has a card for me he will wake up, go get it, then wake me up and give it to me. He didn't do that so I wasn't sure what was up. We got in the truck to go to church and I was digging through my purse and not really paying attention to him when he handed me a little box that he had been hiding in his truck. I opened it and it was a beautiful emerald ring. He and the boys had gone to pick it out and I was completely surprised. Here is a picture of it. Sorry about the ugly cut on my finger.


Cook out went great we got to see Randy's grandmother's also. I wasn't very good about pictures so I didn't get one of them. Calvin and Grant caught frogs in the little stream in front of the house. They thought that was great. I don't think the frogs did. They eventually stopped hopping out of their hands as you can see.




















Brody has been standing up on everything lately. He pushed himself up in our bed two morinings ago and stood there all by himself. He has also finally cut one of his front top teeth. So he is now filling in the gaps from his two side teeth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Revelation
3:20;
Behold , I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him , and will sup with him, and he with me.

Stephanie said...

Your boys are adorable! My Caleb would have loved to "help" them with their frogs.

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Awe, I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! Isn't it nice to be surprised every once in a while! I also love that my kids can make their own things, it definitely makes it more special! I agree, they are definitely the best gifts! Your ring is beautiful too. Thanks for praying for Grayson, Sarah, and John. I think they needed more prayers than Grayson did! :) I hope you have a great week!

Ellen said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Your new ring is beautiful. I love homemade gifts from my oldest -- those are the best. Just discovered you had a blog through reading Stacy's.... .... I have one too - maybe you already knew that? Feel free to check it out sometime, ... although I'm way behind in getting a post out.

The boys are absolutely beautiful. How handsome they all are. I enjoyed looking at your pics. Have a great day tomorrow!!